Email marketing is the act of using emails to send commercial messages to a group of people who are considered as potential or current customers. These messages usually include advertisements, business requests, and request for donations. Their primary role is enhancing the merchant’s relationship with their current and previous customers. In addition to it, it also helps in building a bond of loyalty, trust, and awareness between the merchant and his customers.
In 1978, Gary Thuerk of Digital Equipment Corporation was the first person to use email marketing to his advantage. He sent out emails to approximately 400 potential clients via the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET). This resulted in $13 million worth of sales of the DEC products. That marked the beginning of the era of email marketing.
Benefits Of Email Marketing
Email marketing has its fair share of advantages which makes it a perfect option for digital marketing. Some of the benefits provided are as follows:
- Cost-Effective: There is various cost-effective email marketing software that will provide you with plans at a very minimal cost. These plans will provide with email marketing, auto-responders, marketing automation, landing pages and several other features that are absolutely necessary for starting your business.
- Automated: Automatic Email responders can be used to cater to the needs of your target audience.
- Full Control: You get full freedom to plan your communication by designing your websites, creating marketing automation workflows, etc. This makes your emails stand out in your customer’s inbox.
- Easy to Use: By using certain editors, you can easily create email templates, landing pages, marketing automation workflows, etc.
- Targeted and personalized mode of communication
Beginner’s Guide to Email Marketing
Are you ready to take a step towards email marketing? To start with it, you will need to follow two main steps, i.e., Building a solid email list and Running an email marketing campaign.
- Building a Solid Email List: The secret to effective email marketing lies in building a strong, solid email list.
- Generating resources on popular platforms: It is important to decide the platform from where the target audience can be reached. High-quality traffic can be generated from Facebook, Instagram and other such platforms via Ads, subscription, lead magnets, landing pages, webinars, etc. These ads will help you to capture the email address of people visiting your page.
- Offline List Building Methods: Creating a contact list does not require a website. Offline methods can also be used to build such sites with the help of Trade shows, conventions, key locations, etc. Every opportunity should be used to add potential customers to your contact list.
- Running an email marketing campaign: Creating an email marketing campaign is important for a successful career in email marketing.
- Setting a Goal: The first step is to decide on what should be your achievement. Without a goal, it is not possible to form emails catering to your customer’s needs.
- Creating your Emails: Once, you have set up your goal, the next step is to create your email. It should perform at least one of the following functions:
⇒ Direct them towards your website.
⇒ Feature the products that you aim to sell
⇒ Extract information regarding the interests of your potential customers.
⇒ Provide them with attractive coupons and discounts.
⇒ Convince them to subscribe to your website.
- Creating an Email Marketing Cycle: The last step is to create an email marketing cycle to send the right emails, to the right people at the right time.
You can bookmark our website for more email tutorials.